Preventive measures against Black fungus – Ayurveda perspective. (Blog – 18)
Seeing the cases increasing at such a tremendous speed and the complications of fungus being vision loss….It is better to take maximum preventive measures and stay safe from the disease.
As for fungus, we should understand in which environment does fungus grow faster….The answer is very simple…..Unhygienic and humid climate.
So the preventive measures would also be on same lines i.e……Hygiene and dry ventilated climate.
– Stay in well ventilated rooms
– Minimise use of Air conditioners
– Use clean masks and cloths. Avoid sharing each other’s mask, towels , pillows , handkerchiefs etc.
– Disinfect intimate clothing with dettol , dry them properly or iron them.
Ayurvedic Perspective –
1) Ayurveda says that for any disease to happen the balance in Panchamahabhutas I.e. earth (pruthvi), water (jal) , fire (tej), air (vaayu) ,and space (aakash) should be disturbed.
So according to ayurveda, if water is favouring the growth of fungus then eatables and environment having more water should be avoided.
2) Ayurveda states that as fungus grows fast on things which become stale fast, spoil fast….So such things should be avoided. On other hand, the things which when kept at room temperature doesn’t spoil fast have good potency in them like awla, honey etc
So it’s easy to make list of eatables-
– Most important according to ayurveda is AVOID MILK AND MILK PRODUCTS COMPLETELY.
-Avoid fermented products and products which spoil very fast when kept at room temperature like bakery products like bread, cake
– Prefer dry, roasted things like chapati to rice, pops to gravies.
-Prefer spicy things to sweet things.
-Prefer soups to cold drinks
And MOST IMPORTANTLY keep IMMUNITY high by following healthy lifestyle that is early to bed early to rise, eat on time and MOST IMPORTANT EXERCISE.
Sweating after exercise improves skin circulation ,opens pore and helps in proper excretion of dirt through sweat also helps maintain body temperature…But taking a proper bath after exercise is equally important…And proper drying after bath.
DANTAMANJAN- After brushing teeth….Apply DANTAMANJAN POWDER to gums, teeth and tongue….Keep it for 4 mins and then wash off with warm water.
DHUMPAAN – that is taking medicated fumes of triphala powder to nose and mouth.(not steam…No water…Burn the powder on pan)
UDAVARTAN -Apply dry medicated powder or triphala powder (utane/ubatan) to skin after bath.
TRIPHALA is very good for skin so 1 teaspoon triphala powder on empty stomach in the morning keeps bowel, digestion, skin healthy and immunity high.
And last but not the least as it is a communicable disease
MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING.
For more informative blogs subscribe treasures of ayurveda